My life: work, fun and then some...

Monday, June 19, 2006

Stupid pills have eventually kicked in...

Yeah, unfortunately. I was sure, that if everything had gone well so far, no weird thoughts, no hallucinations etc, it should be really easy now. Boy, was I wrong. I started having nightmares last week, but I didn't really care - people have nightmares every now and then, it's not a big deal.

Last night though, my sick dreams simply scared me out of my wits. It began with 2 unpleasant and big guys breaking into my flat, trying to rape and murder me, ended with me escaping through my window, almost naked. I couldn't sleep after that, so I am a complete wreck today. Oh, and just to give you the reason for which I freaked out - my next-door neighbour was robbed 3 weeks ago...

Anyway, if this crap does not stop, I am seriously considering giving up taking these pills. There is a minor risk that I might get sick (and malaria is not a pleasant disease), but I don't care. 2 more weeks with nightmares is something I don't think I can cope with... Not to mention, that I'll have to start another anti-malaria therapy in early August.

The only good news today - Ghana High Commission in London gave me their "OK" earlier this morning, so I have a visa and can visit this supposedly very exciting country. Can't wait...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home