My life: work, fun and then some...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Should I care?

A friend of mine sent me this link today. Nasty, I know. And frankly - I wish I hadn't opened it. Thing is, that I really cannot do anything about that, except saying "no" to fur coats, jackets and other accessories. Why should I torture myself with watching this stuff then? Why other people do? I know, it sounds cynical, but I simply choose not to think about this particular problem.

And on a side note - shouldn't we care more about people starving and dying of AIDS in Africa, innocent civilians being killed in various wars (btw, wouldn't it be wiser to contribute all "sinews of war" to fighting AIDS and hunger?). Oh, right - we all know these pictures, media feed us with these images every day and we are used to that already, whilst killing poor puppies is not something that we see on a daily basis and therefore - it's shocking. Now, somebody tell me what's right and what's not.

Basically, it's extremely annoying. Don't be hypocrites, stop sending these ugly links and if you really care - just go ahead and do something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home