My life: work, fun and then some...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Week-end in the Midlands

So yeah, I went to Derby (pronounced "Darby" - the Brits continue to surprise me) and Nottingham last weekend to visit my friend Basia. Two hours on the train - that is all you need to find yourself in a completely different world - the Midlands. It's a rural area, quite picturesque, but utterly boring. I did have fun though, we drank, we played Monopoly (apparently I won), then we drank more. Honestly, there is not so much to do in Derby...

Then we went to Nottingham. It's a lovely town, supposedly very lively and full of students (two big universities), but quite empty last weekend, as most of the students had already left for their Easter break. I didn't take too many pictures, but here is one with the three of us: David, Basia and me.


Nottingham, one of the pubs

I am going to Poland tomorrow, so I'll update you after this week-end. Maybe I'll take some photos too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home