My life: work, fun and then some...

Sunday, April 23, 2006

A night out

So, tonight I had a chance to experience a night out in Blackfriars - St. Paul's - Mansion House area for the very first time. And for the very last time, for that matter. My friend's friends picked this neighbourhood, for a reason that will remain a mystery to me for the rest of my days. They could have picked Canary Wharf or Acton Town, and the effect would have been quite similar. Dead. For crying out loud - the "Financial District" (or whatever they call it here) is DEAD during the week-end! It's like downtown L.A. on a Saturday morning - everything is closed, there're yesterday's newspapers flying around and absolutely nobody alive. I knew that, they didn't. And I was in a minority of one...

Anyway, they had their lesson and probably won't try to do it again. I had my lesson too - going out with a Kiwi posse is quite a risk. And don't get me wrong - I love the Kiwis, but this is actually the second time "something went wrong" (different crowd, different circumstances)

Either way, it finally ended up being a really cool night out, although the anticipated pub crawl turned into a "is-there-ANYTHING-open-here-craving". We eventually found a neat place, just outside Tate Modern (yep, we even walked across the bridge, that is how desperate we were) and had a great time. Not to mention that we got a really great table, overlooking the Thames, and more importantly - St. Paul's Cathedral, which does look gobsmacking when illuminated.

I might have some pictures and if I do, I'll post them tomorrow. It's a little too late to download them onto my laptop and struggle with Hello.

Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home