My life: work, fun and then some...

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Madness!

So, I went shopping today. I was kinda hoping, that if it’s a long week-end (May Day is on May 1st this year), then it should be reasonably quiet, no wild crowds etc. Boy, was I wrong! Oxford Street was completely packed, just have a look:

Oxford Street. I don't even want to TRY to imagine how it looks before Xmas...
Piccadilly Circus wasn’t any better. Wild, wild masses of people. See below.


Piccadilly Circus. Crazy!


Piccadilly Circus 1 hour later. Still crazy...

It was absolutely shambolic and overwhelming, I had to queue for 20 minutes to get my latte at Starbucks, chicks were literally fighting for each piece of apparel… well mad scenes, I have to admit.
But I eventually did my shopping, probably splashed out a bit, but who cares. The only downside is that instead of getting a summer dress, I ended up with 3 tee’s (like I don’t have enough of those), a jacket, 2 pairs of capris (well, gotta wear something, if I can’t get a dress) and a cute little hat. No shoes today! (That I am quite proud of, I am running out of space). So, first spring-summer shopping is behind me, more to come.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:44 pm, Blogger Li-Zhao 李钊 said…

    wonderful, here is always summer.

    thanks for ur suggestion to improve blogclendar, now it is transparent.

    but for IE, u must change the blogger template. I updated the template codes already.

    :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home