My life: work, fun and then some...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Chinese Whispers?

Not quite. Or rather - I wish. This one unfortunately comes from a person who supposedly was involved in what happened. Some might say - steady on, give over, you've got bigger fish to fry, it's been so long, nobody cares. Now that's a load of cobblers, as I do care. And I indeed have a problem when somebody uses me to make his story look better and more exciting.

So, this bloke, actually a friend of mine, is gay. No biggie, I couldn't care less about what people do in their bedrooms. Now, about 7 years ago, when I first met him I had a little crash on him. You know, like the one you have when you come to a new city (like I did), start a new life as a student (like I did) and meet a nice chap, who is friendly and likes spending time with you (like he did). This advisor-mentor kind of thing. We soon realised, or I was rather informed, that it couldn't work. I was a bit upset, but hey, life had to go on and so had I. We eventually became good friends and did many great things together (as well as not so great, like getting completely arsholed the night before a very important test, actually, many nights before many important tests). I soon got involved in a serious relationship with somebody who I am still in a serious relationship with (and it seems it's gonna stay that way for quite a while), got a job, graduated from the university and so did he. We still did hang out, not as often as before, but we definitely kept in touch. I didn't know he was gay.

A year ago I was on a short visit in Poland, flew from San Francisco to spend Easter with my family and catch up with my friends. He wants to meet with me, I am delighted as I haven't seen him in ages. He cancels at the last minute and another friend of mine tells me that he is too embarrassed to meet with me. What the hell? I eventually squeeze it out of her and find out he's gay and wanted to meet with me to tell me that, but chickened out, because he was afraid of my reaction. We then meet all together, the atmosphere is weird, I feel that somebody is making way too much rumour about all that than really needed, as I absolutely don't give a bloody shite about who sleeps with whom.

Today I finally understood the whole thing. See, the official story is that I was supposed to get very upset about all that. As a matter of fact - I was supposed to be really depressed. Why? Well, this is where it gets a bit spicy. Here are the reasons. Unsure which was the official one, as nobody remembers it anymore, but either way - they are all pretty creative:

- I was supposed to be upset, because any ex-girlfriend would be (erm, did I miss something?)
- I was supposed to be upset, because he bonked me once or twice (reads: and now he is gay, there is no way he will do it again; poor me, what am I gonna do?)
- I was supposed to be upset, because he used to shag me (e.g. more than one or two bangs, more like a regular activity)

Unfortunately, the only creative thing about all these are different words I used to describe having sex. It really is rather wretched. No, not even the reasons themselves. The fact that someone I used to be friends with just made up the whole story and used me to add a bit drama to his life in front of both his and my friends, that's what really is wretched. And that's what makes somebody a person I really have no respect for. End of story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home