My life: work, fun and then some...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Totally bonkers?

So, I've been using Screenselect for a while now. I was so happy to find out that they have a UK version of Netflix here. And it's pretty cheap, so it'd be sheer stupidity not to use it.

Anyway, enough of advertising. One of my dark secrets is the fact that I really like Seinfeld. If you set it against the fact that, for instance, I love Will & Grace, it turns out I am a little bit of a freak. Just a wee little bit though, as there is more to that.

Basically, the characters are wretched. Well, except Kramer maybe, who actually is miserable, but at least he's not as dull as ditchwater. Why am I watching it then? Am I not afraid of becoming pea-brained or, as in the title - going totally bonkers? Not really. Whilst Will & Grace (sorry for using this example again, but that's the only one I can remember of now) is really entertaining and funny, I watch Seinfeld for a completely different reason - for its surreal experience of a world that could never exist (at least I hope so), for my dirty pleasure of watching a bunch of wankers, nutters, plonkers and fashion victims and for gales of laughter (my neigbours must love me, I know).

Off we go then, one DVD today, another two are already on the way!


5 Comments:

  • At 9:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i hope you want become will&grace freak quoting Jake, Will etc. It's horrible experience to meet someone like that ;)
    Apart from that, your English becomes extremly sophisticated and I am having difficulties with understanding

     
  • At 9:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i should stop writing english while making such terrible mistakes

    want instead of won't
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

     
  • At 11:56 am, Blogger Daga said…

    He he, no worries ;-)
    BTW, Jack, Jack, not Jake, for heaven's sake!

     
  • At 2:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes - it`s Jack!
    Don`t care what anonymous people say! There is nothing like quoting Karen Walker.

     
  • At 2:48 pm, Blogger Daga said…

    --> henry-lee:
    Couldn't agree more!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home