My life: work, fun and then some...

Monday, February 13, 2006

Working from home

There is a plethora of advantages of working from home. You can sleep-in a bit, take a walk during the day (oh, wait, this doesn't apply, it rains too often in this city, but well), you can wear a jumper and sweat-pants, you don't have to worry about your make-up, the company pays your bills and so on. There is quite a few downsides though. It's 10pm and I have just finished my work day. Kinda sucks. It also must have something to do with the fact that my HQ office is based in California, so they get to work (and start "wanting things") at 5pm UK time.

Oh, crap. My neighbours are listening to some really cool (not) music now. It's a real phenomenon in the whole music history (I mean it), it's called Disco Polo and it's really, really rubbish. It's a bummer that one doesn't get to choose their neighbours... For heaven's sake, turn it off, please!!! Thanks a million...

Anyway, the overall working-from-home-experience is quite good, I am not complaining. To my great surprise - I can actually arse myself to work (well, my comp plan helps a lot here) and I am not getting a cabin fever. I can't wait for the weekend to begin, though ;-)

3 Comments:

  • At 11:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you can't have everything;)
    By the way the better is not to work at all during day and get money for this... sometimes it happens to me. Unfortunately not so often ;)

     
  • At 10:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know your tricky plan!

    You have invented these crazy neighbours and their disco-polo music to discourage all polish "friends" from visiting You in UK!!!

    Am I right?

    :)))

     
  • At 11:07 am, Blogger Daga said…

    You've got me sussed out! Is the plan working at least..? Do you still wanna come over to London? ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home