My life: work, fun and then some...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Out and about

Ahh, another lovely day. Work has been crazy recently and my social life is quite close to turning into a complete disaster. Not there yet, and there're still weekends, luckily.

I went to Job Centre Plus today. Gosh, what an experience. I was hoping to end the "welcome-to-the-UK-paper-work-nitemare" today, but no, they won't make it that easy. Although I am pretty much done with everything (and I am not counting the long process of getting back my stuff after I was robbed 1.5 weeks ago), it appears, that I'll have to wait 4 up to 8 weeks for my National Security Number. How lovely, isn't it?

Anyway, have a look at some pics I took today. Those were taken with a mobile-camera, so please forgive the quality. Here they come:

Camden Town. One of the best places in London, full of pubs, bars, weirdos from Germany (no pun, but I really saw some both today and a week ago, when I was there with a friend) and old bags trying to sell you some kitschy stuff.

Camden Town. 2:30pm. Don't those people work?? Or maybe they are all having an appointment at Job Centre Plus today?

Camden Town Tube Station. Blimey, some blue skies!

London is very busy underground. On the way home, King's Cross Station (I think).

"Please mind the gap! Please mind the gap between the train and the platform!" Jubilee train proudly entering the platform.

Melrose Ave. Home sweet home. (The white one, on the right).

So, a very nice trip to Camden Town, I have to admit. Surprise of the day - a mate from Job Center Plus with a very British name Muhammad Al-Something saying "You've been in the US for too long. It's called a mobile, not a cell, dear" (after I used the word "cell"). I absolutely agree with Muhammad, but it just seemed funny to hear it from a bloke who a) isn't British (a very strong accent), b) wants to be British so much, that he feels obliged to correct those, who are not.

Anyway, back to work. I might post another note later today, if I feel like. Or I might as well not. Oh, and btw - TheLondonGuy - thanks for the map, it really is cool!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, but this comment has to be in polish:

    A ja zawsze myślałam, że to Polacy sa bardziej papiescy od papieża :))
    a swoją drogą - jak ty się uchowałaś po tej Kaliforni, że nie wkładasz rąk do kieszeni jak zaczynasz mówić do ludzi??

     
  • At 9:52 pm, Blogger Daga said…

    Bo ja z dobrego domu jestem ;-)
    And I won't post anything in Polish from now on!

     
  • At 12:50 am, Blogger Daga said…

    You're welcome! As for adding links: this should help!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home