My life: work, fun and then some...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Last weekend...

Oh boy, what a weekend. Where do I start? All right, on Friday late afternoon I took a train from Waterloo to Basingstoke to visit my friend, who lives there. He also had some guests from Poland, so together - 8 of us we had quite a nice party. First some drinks at home:

My friend's house in Basingstoke


Then off to a bar (believe it or not, but there is *some* nite life in Basingstoke):

Beers?


Loud music, friends, beers - what else do you need on a Friday evening? Here are some pictures...

Party time!


No idea why I took this pic...


I must have been quite hammered to take a photo of myself in a WC mirror...

On Saturday we woke up relatively *early* and decided to see all these famous things in London. Oh yeah, I've been here for over a month and last time I saw Big Ben was almost 10 years ago. Well, the plan was good, the execution, well, not so good... We finally arrived to Waterloo around 2pm, so didn't really have too much time to see a lot. But - here it is:

Yes, that's Big Ben


London Eye. Can someone tell me if it's worth taking the ride? (Seriously)


Trafalgar Square. It was cold and windy. The bird didn't mind.

After a few hours we were absolutely starving. China Town / Soho seemed to be a good idea. And indeed it was.

Craving for food in China Town / Soho


And here it is. Loads of food.


We were quite hungry, yeah...


Tired, but not hungry anymore we ended up in a local bar in Willesden Green. The original plan was to go dancing, but as my friends wanted to see more of London the next day, the idea of chilling out with a pint of beer (or 2) seemed right.

And off to a bar again!


Good deal, isn't it?

We started off Sunday with a truly British breakfast (no photo, sorry) - toasts, eggs, sausages, beans and coffee. It's good to have a place which serves all that and all you pay is 3 quid! We then took the Tube to Victoria and walked to see Buckingham Palace. See below:


It's amazing - not really much was going on there, but there were so many people in front of the Buckingham Palace! Why?

A few hours later, after I dragged my friends to Canary Wharf to show them that weird traffic lights installation we were back in the city and just about to see another part of historical London.


Tower Bridge


The Thames is lovely this time of the year, isn't it?


Tower of London

After that, we of course ended up in Camden Town, to of course re-charge in a bar.


Always busy Camden Town (I really like this place)


Drinks in Camden Town

For me that was the end of the trip, my friends wanted to go shopping before taking off to Poland on Monday, I went home to sleep.

Anyway, that was a fun weekend. And I finally got to see all that historical stuff (well, yeah, I saw it almost 10 years ago, but well). It's good to have friends coming over to your town for a weekend - you become a tourist for a day or two and have a chance to see all those things, that you probably never would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home